12/21/09

Riley Turned Two!


Riley turned two years old on Saturday December 19. I don't even know how to describe the excitement I have been feeling these last few days about being able to see my little boy turn 2. With everything that was happening with in that first year of his life our thoughts of him being here as healthy as he is for his second birthday were far from our minds. He has grown into such an amazing little boy with a personality all his own. I try to imagine what he would be like if he were able to be up and about as a regular 2 year old. I see him following daddy around wanting to do everything that he is doing. I see him climbing up on my lap with one of his favorite books. I see him talking with his papa and cuddling with grama. I see him shooting some hoops with cousin Nick. I see him getting into things he knows he's not suppose to. The funny thing about all this is though is that riley does all of these things with out having to walk. He always wants what daddy has and he wants to be doing what daddy is doing. He loves to sit on my lap with a good story to read. He loves to talk to his papa and watch sports with him. Although he can't physically shoot the hoops with nick he is there to cheer him on. And for a kid who can't get up and move around he always finds a way to get a hold of something he's not suppose to have. These are fun reminders for me that I do have a regular 2 year old boy! Now enough of the sentimental side note let's get down to why we are all here...pictures of the party! First off the best part of Riley's birthday was that santa clause came to the house to see him. I was a little worried that Riley would be scared of santa but he just cuddled right up to him and told him all about what he wanted for christmas.





later that afternoon we had lots of friends and family come over to celebrate. Thanks to everyone for all the great gifts.
This is the dinosaur cake I made. I think it turned out pretty cute.

Riley had fun opening his presents. He seemed to know what the present thing was all about and was excited to see what was inside








Carly, Kyle and Juliet came too. I don't know what I would do with out these people in my life. I don't know what Riley would do either. He thinks they are just the greatest. Especially kyle, Riley thinks he is just so funny!

8 comments:

Whit, Lindsey, Jonas, and Maggie said...

Happy Birthday Riley!! What a fun party, sorry we couldn't make it. Santa is the coolest! How neat that he came to see you on your birthday! That is a pretty nifty little chair you have, what is that called?
Jonas' wishes you Happy Birthday too and welcomes you to the two year old club!

Strong Family said...

Happy Birthday Riley! I'm so glad that you guys have been so blessed and that he is doing so well. He is so strong. Here is to another great year!

Aimee said...

Awesome Becah! Riley is looking good!

Jones Family said...

That dinosaur cake is darling- and so is Riley! Happy Birthday! I love that kid's big smile!

Kristin said...

Love the cake. Sorry Courtney & I couldn't come.

Rachel said...

I love that first picture with his toothy grin! Your cake was awesome. Glad he was so happy with Santa! I am so sorry we could not be at the birthday bash :( Riley is the man.

Darren and Jody said...

Happy Birthday Riley!!!

Marc and Lori Johnson said...

I am glad that Riley had a good birthday! Riley is one lucky guy to have such a fantastic family! He is so darling. that one picture of his perfect blue eyes! Wow, what a handsome guy! It was so good to see you last night! We need to get together more often!