3/18/10

Becah vs. Walmart

For my birthday this year Marc gave me a camera.  I've been needing a new camera for a while and I've been researching them for quite some time.  I wanted something that had good picture quality along with good video quality.  So I decided to get this particular Kodak camera. I've been very happy with my current Kodak camera so I thought I couldn't go wrong.  It had good reviews and it takes HD video which I was excited about.  So I get the camera and it's terrible.  I went through 3 batteries and all the pictures had weird coloring or they were blurry.  The only thing good about the camera was that it did take killer video!  So after a few weeks of trying to figure it out I decided to just return it for a different one.  As luck would have it I couldn't find the receipt.  I figured, it's Walmart they are usually pretty good about it.  So I take it up to the customer service desk and I told them it was a birthday gift and I don't have a receipt.  They scan the barcode to find out when it was purchased.  There return policy is 30 days and it had been 31 days!  The bitchy lady told me that I couldn't return it but I could try calling Kodak because the camera did have a year warranty.  Well, I called Kodak and they wouldn't take it back because it was a 2008 model so technically the year warranty was expired! What a joke!  After a few choice words were said I decided to call the corporate office of Walmart.  My efforts paid off because they called the store I purchased it at and made them return it for me!  HAHAHA I beat Walmart!  So now I have a new and improved camera and so far it works great.  I'll post some new pictures soon.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Way to stick it to the man! Glad to hear you found a camera that works better :)

Aimee K. Stanworth said...

Good for you Monday I had to go in and return brandons computer that crashed 2 weeks after we bought it and right on the receipt it said return before 15 days or full refund so on the 15th day took it back the girl looked over to her manager and he said return it stupid people sometimes.

Strong Family said...

Awesome!

RONNIE said...

That is ridiculous!! And funny. way to fight for it!

Rachel said...

Nice one Bec!! "AND THEN THE BOMBS!!!"