1/11/10

stop the world i want to get off

have you ever felt emotionally detached from your body? you walk around doing the every day things but you look into the mirror and you can't believe that's really you staring back? you're body is there but your mind is off somewhere else. for me its usually when there is some sort of life changing event because it forces me to give up what i know and enter into unknown territory. i don't do well with change. let me rephrase that. i don't do well with change that isn't on my own terms. for the past couple of years my life has been changed with out my consent and it's really starting to take a toll on my emotional well being. for the past year we have been renting a cute townhome to which i have grown accustom to. despite the fact that it's not the greatest set up as far as wheelchair access it's been a great place to live. it's close to shopping, only 15 minutes from my work and i don't have to worry about watering the lawn or shoveling the driveway! we have had no intention of moving and were actually all set up to sign another lease at the end of the month when out of the blue the owners call us and tell us that at the last minute they've decided to put the home up for sale by next month. that information would have been handy two weeks ago when the topic of lease signing came up. all i can say for them is good luck trying to sale this place along side 7 other units for sale on the same street a few of which have been for sale since we moved in last year! i hate moving and to have to move at moments notice is even worse! so i am going to sign off now to venture into a world of boxes and packing tape.

4 comments:

Strong Family said...

That is a bummer! Do you need any help? If you are still interested in renting, there is a home for rent in my neighborhood. I'm not sure of the layout, or the rental price, but I could check it out if you are interested. We have a great ward and neighborhood and we are close to everything.

Jones Family said...

How maddening! Are you looking for something in your same area? It probably is nice to be so close to your mom... let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Heather said...

I am happy to come help you pack up if you need or want any help, just let me know.

Aimee said...

As obnoxious, frustrating and upsetting as these things can be, try to remember, there's always a reason for all things that you don't know yet. You might find a better and bigger place, or a new best friend or something spectacular will happen in your new place. Good luck. In the long run, all will be well.

In the meantime, I feel bad for you, packing blows.