4/6/10

Pain in the Neck

I'm up in the night because my head really hurts from our car accident last night. Yes, that's right we were in an accident.  We were on our way to my mom's to drop Marc and Riley off on my way to work for a NCAA finals boys night out but we never made it. We were stopped at a light at Bangeter when a BMW SUV going about 60 mph hit a Ford F150 who then hit us. Riley was histarical in the back seat and because of his condition the paramedics took him to Primary Children's just to be safe. He looked pretty shaken up but calmed down by the time we got to the hospital.  They took an x-ray of his neck and that looked fine and since he was talking and smiling at the doctor she figured his head must be ok too. With the adrenaline running and being nervous for Riley Marc and I just felt minor aches but now we are really feeling it and probably should go get checked out too just to be safe. I'm shocked that the driver of the BMW walked away with no injuries because the whole front end of his car was totaled. We were lucky that the truck was behind us to kind of cushion the blow otherwise things could have been much worse. They are going to have to replace pretty much the whole back end of our car including the hatch. This means we are going to be driving a rental for a while. When it's all said and done I'm just glad that no one was seriously hurt.

6 comments:

Strong Family said...

Glad you guys weren't seriously hurt. Feel better soon.

Kristin said...

Just glad everyone is ok. What a pain though. . .

Jones Family said...

Ahh! I'm glad you guys are ok! Feel better and I hope your car gets a speedy fix!

Tara & Mark said...

What?!!!!! You didn't tell me that! Was Riley in an easy on vest?

Whit, Lindsey, Jonas, and Maggie said...

Oh I am so glad that everything is ok! What a scary thing!

Rachel said...

We talked to your mom the day it happened, and I am so glad you are all safe!! So scary.