11/24/12

Turkey Day

I honestly can't believe that it's closing in on the end of the year and it's the time of year to bake, cook and bake some more.  We had the great pleasure of hosting Thanksgiving dinner at our new house this year with the Ogden Family.  Even though life is tough and crazy I have so much to be thankful for, especially this last year.  I am thankful for amazingly smart and talented doctors, nurses, therapists that take such good care of Riley.  He's kind of had a rough year this year with his first intubated illness, two broken legs and top it off with surgery. I'm thankful for his strength and courage to endure so many of these challenges. I am thankful for our new house.  It's so nice to be able to move Riley around with out trudging up and down stairs.  Our new ward has gone above and beyond and have exercised enormous amounts of service for our family. I am thankful for my education and the ability to work and support my family. I am thankful for good friends, the kind that no matter how long it's been since we've seen each other we can just pick up and go on like it was only yesterday. I'm thankful for my family and all the love and support they give us. 
We had a wonderful dinner and delicious desserts. I'm sure the the highlight of everyone's evening was the fact that they could park in our driveway instead of 5 blocks away! Thank you to all that came.
Two peas in a pod!

Adam and Grandpa Spencer (he just turned 89!)

Mark and Aimee

Michele, Robert, Kyle, Marc and Riley

Kyle and Kelton...these two are nothing but trouble!

Riley was super excited to sit at the kid table

Kyle and Riley cruising around the yard

I had to add this picture because I told Marc that I could throw the football better than he could...I was right!

Happy Thanksgiving from our house to yours!

No comments: