2/26/13

Afternoon Drive


We typically don't do much in the way of spontaneity when it comes to Riley because he takes a lot of time and effort to pack up and tote around.  We definitely don't do many spontaneous things when it comes to just Marc and Me because we can't just drop him off to anyone to watch. This winter has been compiled of lots of pajamas, tv, naps and just a whole lot of nothing.  Yesterday on a whim I thought that we could use some fresh air and some new scenery so we took a little drive down to Manti, Utah.  Marc and I were married in the Manti Temple and we've never taken Riley down to see it.  It's about 2 hours away from us and it was a bright sunny day, aside from the wind chill, it was beautiful.  Riley was sound asleep in the car when we pulled up so he was not thrilled about getting out of the car. As soon as we got back in the car he was all smiles again...what a stinker.
A quick shot on the steps where some of our wedding photos were taken and then we piled back in the car. But the trip wouldn't be complete with out a stop at the Malt Shoppe for a twist cone.

On the way home we took a pitstop and Grandma and Grandpa Ogden's house since they don't get up to see Riley very often.  Then we headed over to my mom's house so we could skype baby Clayton.  Riley thought that was the best part of the day.  It was so nice to get out of the house for an afternoon.  All I can say is I'm so ready for spring!

2 comments:

Lex-a-roo said...

I love the Manti temple it's so pretty.

Rikki said...

Oh my goodness!! The Malt Shop!! I went to Snow College for two years and I LIVED at the Malt Shop!! Chocolate Oreo shakes have never been better!!