4/11/13

almost made it

Despite our best efforts to remain bug free this winter Riley finally caught one, the Rhino bug. It started out with a high fever and really crappy oxgyen saturations which led to a weekend insta care trip, chest xray and some antibiotics. Once the antibiotics kicked in the fever disapated and he seemed to be doing much better and then bam about a week later he got super junky and needed lots and lots of suctioning.  The secretions were way too thick and beyond my home capabilities so we decided to take him to the ER.  With increased bipap settings and treatments every 2 hours we landed an ICU bed.  After a few days he was able to wean back down to his home bipap settings and treatments went to every 3 hours so he was moved to the floor.  As much as I don't like being in the ICU I really don't like the floor only because it takes the Respiratory Therapists forever to come and get anything done.  I feel like I end up doing most of the work so what's the point of even being there.  He still was not tolerating being off his bipap so we had to wean slowly.  Our goal is usually 2 hour break off bipap and 4 hour treatments and then we're good to go home. 
So we hung out.  Read lots of books and watched lots of movies and ate lots of frozen yogurt from the cafeteria. I love the frozen yogurt machine.

After a bath all they had was this BIG kid gown it covered him from head to toe!

After a week of being in the hospital I think Riley was ready to go home because we woke up to this face
Alrighty then I guess you're ready to go home...Love this kid and his strong will :)



1 comment:

Jones Family said...

I love that last picture of Riley. What a sweet face! Oh, and I love froyo too!