2/3/10

saying good bye

I would like to take a moment to make a tribute to a very special little boy named Hodges.  On February 2, 2010 at the age of 15 months he lost his battle with SMA.  I have never met this young man but he has a special place in my heart as do all the SMA children.  His mother is an inspiration to me because she has not gone through this once but twice.  This is her second child lost to the disease, her first when he was only 4 months old.  
Today my problems don't seem as significant.  The dishes in my sink don't matter.  The fact that I haven't combed my hair isn't important.  Let's set these things aside to think of what is important in life and what matters.

1 comment:

wuxiheather said...

That picture is super cute. Is it Hodges or Riley? It looks like Riley--it looks a lot like that picture you put up on the "vote for Riley" post.

It's good to stop and take a minute to see life in more perspective. Thank you for that.