2/1/10

there's no place like home

We made the big move on Saturday.  Marc couldn't get the day off because he had to ask for Wednesday off to be with his brother (see previous post).  Thanks to the Elders Quorum and lots of family and friends we got the move done in just under 2 hours!  It helped that we were just moving down the street, but still that must be a record time.  We still have some odds and ends at the old place along with some cleaning to do but other than that we are officially in our new place.  Now I have the task of putting it all back together.  Even though our new place is the same floor plan it has still been a challenge to make things fit in just the right spot.  It only took 30 minutes of squabbling until we agreed upon the couch placement.  The biggest accomplishment thus far is that I organized the medicine cabinet.  It was out of control.  Instead of food storage I have drug storage.  You name it, I probably have it in there.  Ok, back on subject basically we are settling in and hopefully our lives will get back to normal here soon.  And hopefully this will be the last move for a while!  

3 comments:

Tara & Mark said...

Yay, I'm glad you guys got moved in. Now after everything is unpacked and settled we need to get the kiddo's together!

Jones Family said...

You always were part pharmacy!

Glad you are getting settled in the new digs.

Rikki said...

Glad you have gotten settled!! I hate moving!! The only good part about it is that I gut our belongings and throw so much away!! I love that kind of cleaning!!