12/3/08

SYNAGIS

For the past few months Riley's team of doctors have been fighting for Riley to recieve Synagis injections. Synagis is a medication that helps fight RSV. It is a once a month injection for the entire RSV season which goes from about November until sometime in the spring. The Synagis vaccine is very expensive and insurance doesn't find it necessary to cover it for kids that where born full term babies. Because of Riley's muscular status it makes it very hard for him to fight respiratory infections. Thanks to the letters that our amazing pediatrician, Dr. Lindgren, and Dr. Swaboda's team have sent in to the insurance Riley has been approved for the injections and will be getting his first shot today! I am so grateful that he has been approved. I have been so worried that he is going to get sick with RSV and won't be able to fight it. Thanks Dr. Lindgren and Dr. Swaboda and Abby you guys are awsome!

5 comments:

MarkandMicheleOgdenFamily said...

Yeah that is cool! I hope he tolerates it well. Give my baby lots of kisses. Love ya ...Grandma Ogden

Troy and Rebekah said...

What a belssing! Hope the shot does its job. Happy Holidays!

Strong Family said...

I'm so glad that he was approved! That is great! My nephew who was born last August at 32 weeks was denied because his siblings don't go to preschool or basically he isn't at risk! They are appealing, but be glad that he got approved I hear insurances are really picky!

Jones Family said...

so good to hear! :)

Rachel said...

Yay! That's good news! I'm glad you have such great doctors.