6/26/10

Hope Kids

We are finally part of an organization called Hope Kids.  Hope kids his for families who have children with life threatening or chronic illness.  We have heard about it for a while but I just never signed up, just lazy I guess.  They put together activities for the kids and their families that you can sign up for. Today was our first event which was a private showing of Toy Story 3. It was nice to be around other families who are going through similar things, who trek around the same equipment and don't have to explain to people what it is when they look at you weird. The fun part about the event was that Lauren is a Hope Kid now too so we were able to attend the event together. Since we have a wheelchair we were there early to ensure a wheelchair spot, so we weren't able to sit next to them but I was able to snap their pictures.  Riley really enjoyed the movie. He was laughing and talking, but mostly I think it's because everyone else was laughing and talking. He loves to be social with other kids and was way excited. I can't wait to sign up for more events.

5 comments:

Monica said...

Fun to see you there, even if it was just briefly. Riley caught my eye and I thought "He almost looks like he has SMA" But he's so much bigger than he was the last time I saw him in person that I didn't catch on until you said hello to me.

*Hope* to see you again.

Jones Family said...

Awesome! Sounds like a hit!

Rachel said...

ummm AWESOME! That's such a cool thing, I'm glad you signed up and that you can hang out with Lauren at the activities too! They are both so dang cute.

Darren and Jody said...

I'm glad to see you joined. I was actually going to start the application. Hope all is going well.

love Jody

Rebecah Ogden said...

jody, you really need to join. it only took a couple of days for them to approve us.