6/20/10

Two Years!


Today marks the 2 year date of when Riley received his diagnosis. I can't believe it has been two years. I will never forget that day when the Dr. called us and gave us that news. At 2 1/2 Riley has over come the odds and is still continuing to do well. He has been hospital free for one year now which is almost unheard of especially during flu season. Riley is an incredible example to me of what life is all about. I've mentioned this before but Riley has presented experiences in my life that I never would have been able to experience. The most incredible people have been introduced into my life that are such a support to me and my family. We owe Riley's health and strength to the amazing knowledge and dedication of his doctors, therapists and all the others who help take care of him. Riley is an incredible little person. He's got it all figured out! We love you Riley, keep growing strong tiny man!

3 comments:

Monica said...

A full year without a hospital stay? That's fantastic!

Way to go Riley! You just keep beating those odds.

Rachel said...

Seriously, has it been a hospital-free year?!?! That's because Riley is Riley. He's amazing. We're so glad he's doing so well!

The British Lass said...

Way to go Riley!!! I'm sure he knows that if he did go to the hospital, all he'd get from his Auntie M is "Walk it off, you're fine," which is why he probably why he's staying away from there. :)